Supplier Quality Engineer – Manufacturing – North West
Our client is a wholesale distribution business who finishes and supply materials into various industrial marketplaces. They are currently looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer who will be responsible for developing, improving and auditing key suppliers to enhance the overall supply chain performance.
The role reports to a Group Director responsible for performance management and will play a key role influencing supply chain strategy, initiatives, and the execution of the Supplier Performance Management Process with suppliers across Europe to provide the company with a competitive advantage.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for auditing of suppliers and developing gap plans for improvement.
- Works directly with suppliers to ensure the necessary supplier infrastructure is in place.
- Work as a liaison between suppliers and internal functions (operations, quality, & sales) to clarify requirements, reduce waste, and improve definition of requirements.
- Develop suppliers to improve overall KPI’s (OTD% and Quality Metrics).
- Visit suppliers’ plants to evaluate plant conditions, quality control function, record keeping, equipment maintenance, Stock Recovery Program, and compliance.
- Work with the Strategic Sourcing and Commodity Management leads to develop new suppliers and participate in the supplier selection process.
- Establish with suppliers routine performance reviews and develop an on-going improvement process.
- Provide technical leadership to enable supply chain to identify, evaluate and implement roadmap savings on products, processes, and services.
In order to be successful you will be able to demonstrate a successful track record as a Supplier Quality Engineer with experience in all of the areas above. The ideal candidate will have a Degree in Engineering and at least 3 years experience working in a metals manufacturing or supply chain environment and will have some experience dealing with mills. As this role works across Europe and reports in to the states you must be a highly self motivated individual who is able to work independently and undertake a role with extensive travel.
Our client is a subsidiary of a global business that is currently undergoing considerable growth, both organically and through acquisition. If you have the required experience combined with a strong academic background and you are looking to develop your career within this kind of business then this could be the opportunity for you.
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice. Specialist Search & Selection in Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Sales.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.