Strategic Pricing Manager
£50-55,000 + Car + Benefits
Pivotal role within the Commercial Team function of this successful, international business looking for your expertise to transform and lead an already effective pricing capability into a more impactful tool capable of delivering competitive advantage and tangible bottom line benefits.
Working in partnership with executive and branch management in championing pricing capabilities throughout the organisation, developing robust pricing systems and processes and creating sustainable, integrated value-add concepts Whether developing pricing capability, introducing pricing models or creating pricing levers to control the impact of recommendations, the leadership of the Pricing team will be intrinsic to the success of the function.
• Manage the team of Pricing Analysts to meet the growing needs of the business.
• Effectively model and report on value proposition segments to define and monitor pricing strategy
• Develop coherent plans that optimise the trading performance to drive a truly value-based customer pricing proposition. • Determine appropriate price and discounts based on analysis of market climate, competition and product life cycle;
• Develop effective segmentation strategy and variance based analysis to define floor and ceiling price points for product portfolio
• Support best-in-class pricing systems and price quotation tools.
• Develop the remit and scope of the Pricing Team to manage all relevant areas of activity.
• Develop and maintain Pricing Policies for each region and product groups
• Identify and propose mitigation of pricing risk identified • Manage the pricing of new product introductions
• Monitor Industry and competitor landscape
– Collaborative approach, coupled with the ability to engage stakeholders and gain buy-in.
– Hands-on, motivational leader, with previous experience managing in-house pricing teams
– Expectation of a strong statistical background and a good quantitative degree (or equivalent) such as Mathematics or Statistics. – Industry experience from within a retail, B2B, Wholesale, Commodity pricing department would be favourable
– Exposure to multiple software, database systems – Access, SQL, VBA, ERP Systems
– Technical expertise to develop elasticity models and optimisation projects from raw data; solve complex business problems; and interpret data with ease.
– Understands value proposition of products against competition, competing alternatives, and internal product offering
– Negotiation skills and commercial judgment; – Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Project management skills
– Willing and capable of facilitating change in an organisation;
This is a leadership role within a dynamic and growing business environment – the opportunity for autonomy within the function and a proven track record in providing career progression across the business
Please send your details for the attention of Lee Mullin
To apply for this position please contact us for a discussion or email your CV to us here.
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice. Specialist Search & Selection in Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Sales.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.