S&OP Manager- Manufacturing
Our client is a dynamic FMCG business currently experiencing significant year on year growth. As a result of this expansion they are looking to develop the management team structure and have created a new opportunity for a Sales & Operations Planning Manager to manage all aspects of the function day to day, whilst driving improvement activities and developing planning processes to help improve the sites results and standards.
You will be responsible for Sales Forecasting, Production Planning, Material Scheduling, Stock Management and Warehouse Capacity Management. You will be accountable for ensuring the Sales & Operations Planning Department provides production plans which balance the cross functional demands of the business, ensuring Service Level, Warehouse Utilisation, Working Capital and customer performance targets are achieved.
You will need to utilise and maintain business planning systems, supplying information for management support and you will be required to communicate effectively with all key customers (Internal and External) and demonstrate a flexible approach to meeting business requirements.
- Management of site planning activities to ensure any issues are resolved promptly and effectively, maintaining service level and working capital targets whilst supporting the achievement of machine efficiency targets.
- To coordinate activities with the forecast on issues relating to capacity and demand to ensure deviations from either forecast or production plan are managed in the most effective manner.
- Co-ordination and effective onward communication of production plans, trends and business changes.
- Develop and implement stock holding policies.
- Ownership for the value of onsite stock levels – raw materials and finished goods, ensuring that stock levels are correct and that obsolescence is minimised.
- Develop partnership with Operating Teams.
- Ensure balance scorecard in place for the Planning function.
- Monitor the performance of the company’s procedures and KPI’s, taking action where appropriate.
- Lead the Sales & Operations Planning function in identifying cost-saving and efficiency gains in order to benefit the company and its customers.
In order to be considered you will be experienced within a similar role with a track record of success in a fast moving FMCG environment, or similar. You will ideally be of Graduate calibre with a relevant qualification who has trained in a professional manufacturing environment.
As with all fast moving process manufacturing environments this role requires a tough minded individual who can think on their feet. To be successful you will be able to demonstrate that you are committed, highly organised, thorough and methodical with a robust, can-do attitude.
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice. Specialist Search & Selection in Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Sales.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.