Project Manager – Logistics – Northampton / Hertfordshire
£40-45k + Car + Bonus + Benefits
Leading FTSE listed business is recruiting a Project Manager to join their in-house Supply Chain team. The role will focus on solution design and subsequent delivery of logistics and supply chain projects that will enable future growth for the business.
To assess, initiate and design supply chain and logistics solutions for the business: Providing operational direction and leadership of project delivery across internal and external stakeholders, contributing to the strategic direction within logistics
- Define, structure and deliver large, cross functional change projects using appropriate project/ change management tools and techniques
- Develop opportunities and validate CAPEX projects to improve the effectiveness and cost of the logistics supply chain.
- Lead or play a key role in cross functional and Group projects to assist in the development of the organisation.
- Implement a programme of continuous process improvement in order to achieve greater efficiencies and cost savings
- Conduct complex data analysis to a high standard to support your project ideas and goals as well as identify and fully capture savings opportunities
- Anticipate logistical demand through co-ordination and past performance in order to advise on the required level of staff resource to meet workflow and achieve targets.
- Co-ordinate and liaise effectively within the department and elsewhere in the supply chain to ensure information is shared, issues are raised and that plans and requirements are understood and anticipated.
Skills and Experience
- Working within a large and complex planning/project environment, with experience of working within an integrated supply chain.
- Project management experience in a supply chain environment gained within a retail/FMCG business.
- Six Sigma or relevant continuous improvement methodology use.
- Project Management Qualification desirable
- Ability to work at tactical and strategic level, planning and organisational ability, proven track record in Project Management; ability to quickly comprehend and summarise complex requirements.
- Knowledge of Logistics marketplace and practices; in-depth knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Analytical problem solving skills with the ability to communicate and influence effectively within an operational environment and at senior levels
- Ability to think strategically around the organisation and the business aims whilst day to day operations planning
- Educated to degree level
- Can demonstrate a high standard of commercial awareness and an understanding of key costs and cost drivers within the supply chain.
Continuous investment and desire to develop a Best in Class UK Supply Chain has created a dynamic, forward thinking business environment with the realistic opportunity to influence a FTSE’s strategic direction
You may have experience of the following: Project Manager, Logistics, Supply Chain, PMO Manager, Consumer / Retail, Transport, Warehouse, Prince 2
To apply for this position please contact us for a discussion or email your CV to us here.
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice. Specialist Search & Selection in Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Sales.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.