Operations Director – Manufacturing Sector – North West UK
Our client is an independent manufacturing business that supplies a niche range of engineered materials and components to a blue chip customer base. With a focus on export they have a global manufacturing and distributor footprint and place a heavy emphasis on technical excellence and investment in on going research & development. An opportunity currently exists for an Operations Director to take charge of full end to end Operations across several business units. Your role is to deliver the manufacturing of the product in the most efficient cost-effective manner to meet demanding customer requirements. You will manage the budget for the full UK Operation and be involved heavily with the P&L in terms of the overall cost of product delivery when it comes to pricing and the wider P&L. You will also be involved with and the role will grow to look at the inter-relationship with operations at smaller manufacturing operations across the wider business. You will also specifically be involved with the following:
- Full operational / management responsibility for UK site with additional visibility into the global supply chain.
- Overseeing manufacturing / technical excellence / engineering / R&D / supply chain operations / customer service / health & safety.
- Development of strategy with the Executive team to realise year on year profit growth across the business.
- Development of pricing strategy and analysing the return on equipment and ROI.
You should have the following experience:
- Strong leadership philosophy.
- Proven experience managing complex multi-product manufacturing operations with a wider scope to a multi-site basis.
- Experience recruiting, managing and motivating staff covering all areas from manufacturing, technical, engineering, customer services and wider operations.
- Proven ability to implement operational and performance improvement strategies.
- Experienced working with a demanding blue-chip customer base.
This is an excellent opportunity with a well established and highly profitable business entering an interesting phase in their growth and development. If you are an experienced individual who relishes the detail of manufacturing operations and you are looking for a challenge to take the next step in your career this could be the opportunity for you.
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice. Specialist Search & Selection in Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Sales.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.