Logistics Project Manager – M4 Corridor
£50-60k + Car + Bonus + Benefits
This leading UK business is recruiting a Project Manager to join their Supply Chain team. The role will focus on the continuous improvement of logistics and supply chain processes across the operational and commercial areas of the business.
The role requires an experienced Project Manager to deliver projects in a cross functional environment, improving operational efficiency and introducing new processes throughout the logistics network, commercial supply chain and working collaboratively with customers.
To assess, initiate and design operational and supply chain and logistics solutions for the business: Providing operational direction; leadership of project delivery across internal and external stakeholders; contributing to the strategic direction within logistics; coordinating the measurement, reporting and management of performance in order to raise the standards on agreed benchmarks.
- Define, structure and deliver large, cross functional change projects using appropriate project/ change management tools and techniques
- Implement a programme of continuous process improvement in order to achieve greater efficiencies and cost savings
- Lead the collation of complex data analysis to a high standard to support project deliverables and savings opportunities
- Measure and report on key performance indicators in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness, reduce operational cost.
- Anticipate logistical demand through co-ordination and past performance in order to advise on the required level of staff resource to meet workflow and achieve targets.
- Co-ordinate and liaise effectively within the department and elsewhere in the supply chain to ensure information is shared, issues are raised and that plans and requirements are understood and anticipated.
- Develop opportunities and validate CAPEX projects to improve the effectiveness and cost of the logistics supply chain.
- Lead or play a key role in cross functional and Group projects to assist in the development of the organisation.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety and environmental legislation is managed and meets current and future legislation.
Skills and Experience
- Project management experience in an integrated supply chain environment gained within a retail/FMCG organisation.
- Six Sigma or relevant continuous improvement methodology use.
Project Management Qualification, Change Management Qualification
- Ability to work at tactical level, planning and organisational ability, proven track record in Project Management; ability to quickly comprehend and summarise complex requirements.
- Knowledge of Logistics marketplace and practices; in-depth knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Analytical problem solving skills with the ability to communicate and influence effectively within an operational environment and executive level
- Ability to think strategically around the organisation and the business aims whilst day to day operations planning
- Educated to degree level
- Can demonstrate a high standard of commercial awareness and an understanding of key costs and cost drivers within the supply chain.
- Ability to indirectly lead and influence management teams
The business has embarked on a complex, project driven business transformation – building on the success of its core platforms to enable commercial growth and opportunity
You may have experience of the following: Project Manager, Logistics, Supply Chain, PMO Manager, Consumer / Retail Behaviour, Customer Insight, Transport, Warehouse, Prince 2
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice. Specialist Search & Selection in Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Sales.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.