Commercial Manager (Purchasing & Quality) J-532
Independent SME – Manchester
circa £30k + benefits
Our client is an independent SME that manufactures several products and supplies a range of related consumables into the biotech sector amongst others. In order to meet the needs of the planned growth the business is now looking for someone who will take control of all the Buying, Inbound Supply Chain activities and the company Quality Management System.
Key aspects include:
- Professionalise the buying, planning and inbound supply activities within the business.
- Rationalise the supplier base, negotiate terms and ensure contracts and trading terms are current and effective to meet the needs of the business.
- Maintain security of supply on key raw materials.
- Manage tactical and operational day to day buying and ensure all orders are placed and expedited in a timely cost-efficient manner.
- Develop internal buying structure and create key authorisation levels to control and remove inefficient spot buying.
- Agree SLA’s with supplier base and manage the testing process for Raw Materials to ensure quality and Service Levels are maintained.
- All aspects of Supplier Development and Supplier Relationship Management.
- Manage internal relationships with Sales and Inventory teams to ensure forecasts are accurate and both materials and consumables are bought in a timely manner to meet the forecast demand whilst minimising stock holding.
- Manage the company Quality Management System and implement process change to improve business efficiency and profitability.
If you are an experienced Commercial person, probably with a background in Purchasing or Buying, and are looking for a wide ranging and interesting Commercial role where you can involve yourself with all aspects of the inbound supply chain and input into the wider commercial areas of the business then this represents an excellent opportunity.
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice.
Search & Selection | Finance | Purchasing | Supply Chain | Manufacturing | Sales | Financial Planning.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.