Paraplanner Financial Planning J-769
Independent Financial Advisory firm based in Hale, Cheshire.
Client service and satisfaction is key to the firm and who aim to combine traditional service values with forward thinking innovative solutions to provide the best results. The firm offer a broad range of financial services advice, including cash flow modelling along with their own investment propostion. Client needs may be straightforward or be more complex, therefore total commitment to fully understanding clients’ aims and ambitions is essential.
Investment Management., Retirement Planning, Inheritance Tax Planning, Personal Injury Trusts, Court of Protection, Care Fee Planning and Protection.
Purpose of Role
To compile and provide comprehensive reports and to liaise with the Client to deal confidently with all aspects arising pre and post sale.
- Check all compliance paperwork is present
- Confirm client risk profile is determined
- Discuss client objectives with planner
- Identify and obtain the information necessary to compile reports/analysis
- Identify areas for planning and undertake research both independently and with the Financial Planner to identify suitable solutions to meet the clients needs
- Prepare information/comparisons for analysis by planner
- Liaise with client’s legal and tax advisers (if applicable)
- Consider current and future allocation of assets for investment strategy with regard to client risk profile
- Prepare draft recommendation reports to be discussed/signed off by planner
- Act as a point of contact and deal effectively with queries from clients and other parties through effective communication
- Establish and build strong relationships with clients, colleagues and other parties
- Review investment portfolio, asset allocation, risk profile etc
- Attend Investment Committee meetings
- Strict adherence to all internal and regulatory compliance requirements, including Treating Customers Fairly principles & the CII’s Chartered Code of Ethics
Key skills/Experience required:
- Understanding of the Financial Planning process
- Able to work within defined business processes
- Ability to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise effectively and plan own workload
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Articulate, with excellent inter-personal skills, both written and verbal
- Good IT skills, preferably with experience of 1st Software/Avelo/Iress
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Broad knowledge of financial services world
- High level of technical knowledge
Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (Prefered)
Advancement to Chartered status (Preferred)
Investment Management Certificate (Non essential)
Experience and skills
Minimum two years experience in a comparable IFA paraplanning role
Conversant with and ability to provide compliant advice across the range of corporate and personal financial planning products and services.
Excellent communication and organisational skills
Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload; meeting agreed deadlines
Ability to update knowledge and keep up with market/product changes
IT literate: Microsoft Office experience essential, 1st software/Avelo/Iress experience & Financial Express Analytics use preferred
To support client facing consultants; providing research and report preparation and help with all written material necessary for fact-find and reporting
Prepare recommendations in a format which leaves no room for misinterpretation or confusion, inaccordance with company procedures
To be an alternative point of client contact to the consultants
To maintain support and reviews to existing client base.
To identify new business opportunities from existing client base.
To maintain regular liaison with Senior Partners and other employees to facilitate maintenance of existing client relationships and identify prospective financial services clients.
Keep up to date with technical, market and consulting issues
Strict adherence to all internal and regulatory compliance requirements, including Treating Customers Fairly principles.
To provide technical research and administrative support to adviser
Produce suitability reports
Attend client meetings where necessary
Completion of special projects
Processing new business, investment switches, complete relevant admin and maintain IT system
Product / fund research as appropriate
Maintain own CPD file
- excellent communication skills
- high level of integrity
- commitment to act in the best interests of clients at all times
- willingness to learn
- work as a team player
- experience within an IFA practice
- personal development/professional qualifications where required
- minimum 24 days holiday + statutory (increasing with length of service)
- 4 x Death in Service
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Financial support with studying for Professional Qualifications
- Payment of CII Membership
- Salary dependent upon experience
- Group Income Protection Plan
- New office suite Nr train station
- 8.30am – 4.30pm (1 hour lunch)
To apply for this position please call the office on 0161 973 0133 or email email@example.com
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice.
Search & Selection | Finance | Purchasing | Supply Chain | Manufacturing | Sales | Financial Planning.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.