Financial Planning Support Financial Planning J986
£24,000 – £28,000
An award winning Chartered firm of Independent Financial Advisers based on the outskirts of Hazel Grove in Cheshire. Extremely proud of our their history and of the fact that they have remained a family run business for the last 5 decades. Embracing new planning processes, new investment models and new ways to make sure that they are working as hard as possible for their clients who are very much at the heart of everything they do.
Currently looking to recruit an additional team member to join their Financial Planning Support Team who, along with the advisers, will act as the primary point of contact for their advisers clients.
With regards to technical experience, this team sit between the administration and the paraplanning team.
This is an ideal role for people who love dealing with clients and love having the responsibility of ensuring that the clients are being well looked after. You will work very closely with the adviser, keeping them organised and on top of their workloads. The adviser relies on the support team quite heavily in that regard and are thankfully quite receptive to being bossed around a bit! (the Financial Planning Support Team are great at keeping all client work in order!)
(The separate Paraplanning team take more technical cases including DB transfers, IHT Planning & Trust Cases, Long Term Care, VCT’s, and more technical cases. Any cases which fall within the remit of the Paraplanners are pooled, so they’ll work with various adviser cases, but with no direct client contact. They may join in on the occasional meeting.)
Key Role Responsibilities:
- The individual will enjoy a 1:1 relationship working directly with one of the advisers which in doing so, will also be the primary point of contact for their client bank
- Carries out all pre-meeting research, ensuring all compliance is up-to-date and sees any post meeting action required through to completion (with the assistance of a separate appointed administration team member who will process new business, fund switches, etc)
- Will deal with typical client queries, such as withdrawal requests (assisting the adviser in selecting which tax wrapper the withdrawal is to be made), and general product queries/servicing needs
- Carries out new business illustrations, fund & product research
- Prepares recommendation reports for investment/pension top ups, ISA’s, bed to ISA’s, withdrawals (including Income Drawdown). There is a separate Paraplanning Team for more technical product report writing
- Highly client care focused, ensuring that clients receive the best level of service possible
- Essential to have a broad and current knowledge of financial planning and product types (including full spectrum of Pension & Investment contracts)
- Must be self-motivated, organised and show ability to work under pressure
- Detailed and accurate in every aspect of the role
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Good planning and organisation skills, with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads
Education/Qualifications & Experience:
May have made some progress with diploma studies or industry equivalent.
Although not essential, it would be desirable to be familiar with Wrap Platforms (including Standard Life Wrap), Intelliflo, FE Analytics, Selectapension, Voyant Cashflow Modelling
Salary will depend on existing experience, but will range between £24,000 – £28,000 per annum, plus non-contractual discretionary end of year bonus
Other benefits include Company Pension Scheme, Life Assurance (4 x salary), Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, flexible working hours & study support
Please enquire confidentially using the details below quoting reference J986 , alternatively feel free to connect with me Diana Sproston on LinkedIn,
To apply for this position please call the office on 0161 973 0133 or email email@example.com
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice.
Search & Selection | Finance | Purchasing | Supply Chain | Manufacturing | Sales | Financial Planning.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.