Factory Manager – FMCG
£Excellent Salary + Benefits
Our client is a dynamic FMCG business currently experiencing significant year on year growth. As a result of this expansion they are looking to develop the management team structure, creating a new opportunity for a Factory Operations Manager to join the business to manage and develop the structures around all aspects of the Manufacturing and Engineering functions for the site.
You will be responsible for the Manufacturing and Engineering operations on a day to day basis and adept at driving continuous improvement activities within the scope of the role towards the achievement of operational results and standards. You will be accountable for all operations in terms of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Morale (SQCDM), whilst communicating effectively with all key customers (Internal and External), demonstrating a flexible approach to meeting business requirements and ensuring that all business and customer targets and standards are met.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Responsible for an organisation of around 400 Staff and 14 Production lines through a team of 6 Direct reports operating 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Responsible for the safety of all employees operating within the business area and implementing safety programs to improve safety performance. Assess and manage all foreseeable risks that are related to the business assets.
- Review and, where appropriate, change the organisation structure to meet the business needs.
- To lead the business area teams to achieve or exceed agreed outputs – efficiency, costs, waste, productivity, safety, quality, morale and customer service according to the site scorecard.
- Provide clear direction, encouragement and support to team members, develop team working and ensure adherence to performance management standards.
- To establish clear operating standards and systems for all aspects of the operations with respect to maintaining and improving safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale.
- To facilitate a demonstrable continuous improvement culture.
- Ensure Daily direction setting is implemented and established in the area of responsibility to support and ensure delivery of KPI’s.
- Support new Product development activities by implementing required supply chain projects. Encourage and develop innovative solutions to business and marketing requirements. Provide technical expertise to assist business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver effective training and development for all groups within business area.
In order to be considered you will be experienced within a similar role with a track record of success in a fast moving FMCG environment, or similar. You will ideally be of Graduate calibre with a Manufacturing, Engineering or Safety qualification who has trained in a professional manufacturing environment. You will be familiar with modern manufacturing techniques and experienced within an autonomous, rounded role.
As with all fast moving process manufacturing environments this role requires a tough minded individual who can think on their feet. To be successful you will be able to demonstrate that you are committed, highly organised, thorough and methodical with a robust, can-do attitude.
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice.
Search & Selection | Finance | Purchasing | Supply Chain | Manufacturing | Sales | Financial Planning.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.