Distribution Manager – FMCG J-549
Our client is a dynamic FMCG business currently experiencing significant year on year growth. As a result of this expansion they are looking to develop the management team structure, creating a new opportunity for a Distribution Manager to join the business to develop the structures around all aspects of Transport & Warehouse operations.
You will be responsible for the organisation and planning of all physical operations across the Transport and Warehousing functions on a day to day basis, whilst driving continuous improvement activities within the scope of the role towards the achievement of site results and standards. Responsibilities will include Raw Materials, Finished Products Warehousing and all Transport operations ensuring customer demands are met and that Service level, Warehouse utilisation, Stock accuracy and Performance targets are achieved.
In order to be successful you will utilise and maintain business logistics systems, supplying information for management support; you will communicate effectively with all key customers (Internal and External) and be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to meeting business requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of site transport and warehousing activities to ensure any issues are resolved promptly and effectively, maintaining service level and a smooth efficient operation.
- Responsibility for an organisation of around 65 staff, 4 warehouse locations, Fork Lift Truck fleet, Trailer yard and external haulier relationships.
- Coordination of all activities with the customers, customer services and hauliers to ensure a smooth, effective operation that meets the business needs.
- Manage onsite stock – raw materials and finished goods, ensuring that stock figures are correct and that obsolescence is minimised.
- Develop effective working partnerships with Operating Teams and Hauliers.
- Ensure a balance scorecard system is in place for the Transport and Warehousing function.
- Monitor the performance of the company’s procedures and KPI’s, taking action where appropriate.
- Lead the Transport and Warehousing function in identifying cost-saving and efficiency gains in order to benefit the company and its customers.
In order to be considered you will be able to demonstrate a successful track record leading the warehousing and transport operations in a busy, fast moving FMCG environment and you will have significant experience balancing the demands of a blue chip major retail customer base.
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice.
Search & Selection | Finance | Purchasing | Supply Chain | Manufacturing | Sales | Financial Planning.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.