Compliance Monitoring Officer – Financial Planning J-691
£35,000 to £50,000
If you would like to work for a forward thinking company in a self managed environment please read further. Applications welcome from either paraplanners or candidates with file monitoring experience.
The main purpose of the role of the Compliance Monitoring Officer is to carry out file reviews.
- Reporting to the Head of Compliance.
• To understand and apply firm specific client file review requirements to client file reviews completed, where necessary these firm specific sheets should be updated.
• To undertake client file reviews for clients from the office, on occasion it may be appropriate that these are carried out at the client’s premises or any other location to be agreed as needed by the business.
• To produce file review assessment sheets and reports in line with the business Compliance File Review Consistency programme, whilst meeting the requirements of the quality assessment programme.
• To act with professionalism at all times when dealing with clients and colleagues.
• To advise the business of any assistance required in order to meet the objectives, KPI and key requirements of the role.
• Be adaptable to the development of the role
- To follow the company staff handbook and internal compliance and T&C procedures.
• Deliver fee based support to firms under an appropriate contract for services and or letter of engagement.
• Introduce firms to other departments or individuals within the business for provision of services wherever possible.
• Maintain the company reputation as knowledgeable and professional in all areas of financial and business planning.
• Be willing to represent the company at industry and media events and briefings.
• Maintaining the company’s professionalism and ensuring that advice is not in conflict with other parts of the business, not exposing the business to commercial or reputational risk.
Qualifications / Experience:
- To respond to any client file related queries raised by clients in a clear and concise manner.
• To ensure that in the event clients’ queries cannot be responded to on the date of receipt that clients are provided with, where possible, on that date, an indication of the timescales involved.
• To report to the Head of Compliance any specific issues or concerns regarding the clients which might realistically affect the client’s ability to trade, or affect the client or the company’s ability to fulfill its commercial and contractual obligations to one another.
• Have and maintain a detailed understanding of the the Compliance Monitoring programme and how this interacts with the CFR consistency requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to self-motivate and also be a team player.
• Full Driving licence.
• Be familiar with companies overall services so that you can direct clients to the relevant areas, for support across the whole business, compliance, technical, training, business strategy etc., whether this is identified by the client or by you.
• May be required to undertake travel and occasional overnight stays where external client file review visits are required, in supporting the business needs.
• Minimum of QCF Level 4 Diploma qualification with a desire to continue to study through to level 6
• Minimum of 2 years working within a compliance monitoring role.
Benefits: 4 x DIS, 5% Employer Contribution GPP. 25 days holiday. Private Medical care. Income Protection
To apply for this position please call the office on 0161 973 0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
threesixty selection – Management & Executive Recruitment Practice.
Search & Selection | Finance | Purchasing | Supply Chain | Manufacturing | Sales | Financial Planning.
threesixty selection acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim positions. threesixty selection is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, please ensure that you are already authorised to work there.