Supply Chain Manager - Planning & Procurement (Suffolk)
Our client is a leading manufacturer, designer and developer of product solutions for OEM’s that manufacture rotating machinery for applications across several sectors. They have a well-known and respected series of industry leading brands.
The company is growing and as a result of some restructuring the opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager to join the company to bring best practice to the Material Planning and Procurement for products manufactured at the UK Site. As Supply Chain Manager you will formulate and implement Supply Chain policies and programmes to ensure market leading service, customer satisfaction levels, and improve financial performance.
- Owns the execution of the Supply Chain strategy to achieve overall Business Plans.
- Manage Planning and Procurement functions and coordinating interactions and support between departments (Customer Service, Logistics, Production, Operational Excellence, Engineering, Facilities and Finance), to drive customer delivery performance and inventory optimisation.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate Employment, Quality, Safety and Environmental legislation and standards, and that purchased components meet quality requirements and that Supply Chain procedures are maintained in a current and controlled status.
- Create and implement an optimum manufacturing and inventory management strategy to maximise revenue opportunities, whilst minimising inventory risk.
- Assist with the inventory management function to ensure that inventory of finished product is effectively planned, manufactured/purchased, and delivered to customers meeting service objectives whilst enhancing financial performance.
- Achieve safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory targets, through continuous improvement and appropriate Vendor Management.
- Establish and lead Continuous Improvement/Lean processes that result in the most effective and efficient use of all resources whilst reducing costs.
- Manage the performance, motivation and engagement of operations personnel through effective communication, KPI’s and Performance management tools (Success Factors or other such system as may be implemented from time to time).
Educational Minimum Requirements/Equivalent
Masters/Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, production processes, business, or other related field (or related work experience).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Manufacturing Operations
- Minimum 5 years management experience
In order to be successful you will be an experienced supply chain professional with significant experience of planning and procurement in a manufacturing environment.
You will demonstrate the ability to:
- Influence and inspire
- Effectively empower and delegate
- Coach and develop
You will also have experience and knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of Industrial manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Manufacturing and Supply Chain modules of an ERP system such as IFS, SAP, etc.
- Experience in International Supply Chain management and low-cost sourcing. Technical knowledge of castings and machining preferred.
- Experience of lean toolbox and Six sigma Quality methodologies desired.
Good benefits package
Career Development Plan
In the first instance please forward your CV and current remuneration details to the email below or hit 'Apply Now!'